You take my hands,
Turn them over with your icy fingers,
And press kisses into my sweating palms.
I had lost the look in your eyes,
Searched desperately and gave up to find it again,
And here you are, bringing it back in shaking fists.
But what other gifts do your red palms bring?
A heart, beating out of habit
Because it knows nothing else.
Comatose and barely alive,
It hangs on by a thin thread of hope.
Soul eater
Dream crusher
Lover of lies and parted thighs
Throw down your transgressions at my feet.
Retribution may be yours for a small fine.
Holder of my broken, bleeding,
Bent and barely beating heart;
Promise me the world
And, dear God, mean it this time.
I'm trusting you once more,
As I always have,
And undoubtedly always will.
I belong to you.
Let us take this new beginning,
Spin ourselves a happily ever after.
We learn from our mistakes,
We move on to brighter futures.
And our future, my darling, is bright.
No comments:
Post a Comment